Thursday, August 22, 2013

God’s deliverance from ALL your fears

 donate online
 Jerusalem Prayer Team
update by Mike Evans

"I read in Jeremiah 1:10, 12, 14, and 17 during my devotions: "See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.... for I will hasten my word to perform it.... Out of the north an evil shall break forth.... be not dismayed at their faces." In verse 8, Jeremiah wrote, "For I am with thee to deliver thee." Verse 19 records, "They shall fight against you; but they shall not prevail against you: for I am with you, says the LORD, to deliver you."

Please stand on that scripture today. I know what it is to be afraid of faces. As a child, I was so fearful that I would not look anyone in the face. I walked with my head bowed all the time. I could not even look at my father because of fear, but God delivered me from all my fears.

Many years ago, God spoke to me to go to the north of Israel where Hezbollah was entrenched in Lebanon to preach the Gospel. I was told by Israeli intelligence that if I did that, I would be killed. I knew the Lord had sent me and would protect me…and He did. After preaching the Gospel in Sidon, I went down to Beirut to distribute Gideon Bibles to the Marines and share the Word and pray with them. That night, as I slept on the beachhead, I thought about an 18-year-old Marine from Wooster, Massachusetts, whom I had led to Christ. His last words to me that evening had been, "Please tell Mom that her prayer has been answered. I've given my life to the Lord as my personal Savior."



Early the next morning, the area was rocked by a huge explosion as Hezbollah terrorists targeted the barracks with a truck bomb. Two hundred forty-one troops were killed in the attack. We left Beirut in the Avis vehicle which I had rented in Jerusalem. Driving down a dirt road towards Israel, we came under fire from terrorist organizations in the area. As 135mm shells fell around the car, I realized ours was the only vehicle on the road, and it was a rental car with distinctive Jerusalem license plates. Spotlights were playing across the vehicle as night descended. We ran out of gasoline, and it looked as if we would be killed.

As we prayed, a young man who looked Arabic knocked on the window and held up a can of gasoline. There were no homes or villages near where we had coasted to a stop. He poured the container of gas into the vehicle, came back to the window, and pointed to the button. I unlocked the door, and he climbed into the car. Without saying a word, he pointed in the direction we were to drive and calmly led us 32 kilometers to the border of Israel. There is no way I could have found it without his help. A few yards before the border, he held up his hand indicating that I should stop. He opened the door and stepped out of the car. The colonel at the border said to me, "I informed the prime minister's office that you had died. I didn't think there was any possibility you could have survived."

I turned and pointed to the man who had saved our lives and said, "We are alive because of him." No one was there! You will never know how many angels God has assigned to protect you, the amazing things they have done on your behalf and will do even today. Those who fight against you shall not prevail, for the Lord is with you to deliver you.

Will you help the Jerusalem Prayer Team bless Israel and encourage the Jewish people with your gift for the Righteous Gentiles Heritage Center? We have three days left on our extension to raise the remaining half of the funds for the fourth floor and make the second payment of $411,500. It is critical that we keep on schedule; the grand opening is scheduled for September 2014, and the nation of Israel is already talking about this unprecedented witness of Christian love. Your gift today will be matched dollar for dollar.
        For your gift of any amount…

We will send you this little terra cotta oil lamp.

It is a wonderful reminder of our responsibility to be lights in the darkness, bringing hope to God's Chosen People.

   
        With your gift of $30 or more…

We will send you the lamp and a copy of my new book Jerusalem: Where Heaven and Earth Met.

This book looks at the past, present, and future of the Holy City and explains the conflict between politics and prophecy that is shaping our world today.

If you are able to send a gift of $80 or more, we will send you an autographed hardback copy of the book as well as the oil lamp.


        With your gift of $250 or more…

We will send the lamp and this stunning Torah Scroll.

In addition, your name or the name of someone you wish to honor will be placed on a special Scroll of Honor in the Righteous Gentile Heritage Center.

   
Perhaps you would be able to do even more.
    With your gift of $1000 or more…

We will send you the lamp and this large silver-trimmed Yemenite shofar.

I have one of these in my office, and it amazing. We will also place your name or the name of someone special you wish to honor or remember in the Hall of Righteous Gentiles in the Jerusalem World Center.

       
    With your gift of $10,000 or more…

We will send you the lamp, and we will place your name or the name of someone you wish to honor or remember on a special Star in the Jerusalem World Center.

Daniel 12:3 says, “And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.”

       
Your support of the Jerusalem Prayer Team today allows us to continue our work on the Righteous Gentile Heritage Center, to stand up and speak out for Israel, and to meet urgent humanitarian needs among the poor Jewish people living in Israel. Thank you so much for being part of this vital worldwide prayer movement.

Your ambassador to Jerusalem,
Dr. Mike Evans"

    Check out the latest update on the Righteous Gentile Heritage Center
    Now you can see the Kotel and prayer wall Live 24/7!
To give by phone, please call: 1-888-390-7946
Reach us via Fax: 281-257-2476
Write us, or give by mail: P.O. Box 30246 Phoenix, AZ 85046

Please address email inquiries to: memi@jpteam.org



No comments:

Post a Comment