Thursday, March 28, 2013

"God told to share this verse of Scripture with you for this day""

 Update by Mike Evans,
Jerusalem Prayer Team
Donate online
"As I was praying for you this morning, the Lord spoke to me to encourage you and gave me this Scripture for you. “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6-7). I know this promise is true!
Years ago on Thanksgiving Day (which was also my 25th wedding anniversary), I was told that a terrorist was coming to kill me. My entire evangelistic team in the hotel was moved two floors down so they would be spared.

On my 40th birthday, I was told that a Jew-hating terrorist who had already killed two people, including a state trooper, had been arrested…with my name and address and a loaded gun on the front seat of his car.

In 1983 I preached to the Marines in Beirut, Lebanon, and gave them Bibles. A few hours later, a Hezbollah terrorist killed almost 250 of them. I was told I would never get out of Lebanon alive, but an angel of God delivered me.

I know what it is like to let the God of peace guard my heart and mind!

Please say this prayer with me out loud right now—the prayer I said in those crisis times: “God is greater than I think. God is closer than I think. God is more committed than I think. God is more ambitious than I think.”

In the Mighty Name of Jesus get up! Don't sit in the dust of your difficulties. Focus today on what you have left, not what you have lost... YOU can do ALL things though Christ who strengthens you!

When God told me to step out by faith and sign the contract for the Jerusalem World Center last year, every demon in hell screamed that the money would not come in. I shouted back at the Devil and said, “Go to Hell! I am doing a Great work for God, and my God shall supply ALL of my needs according to his riches in Christ Jesus.” I say that same thing concerning you today, rebuking Satan in the name of Jesus. (P.S.—NO, it is not cursing to tell the Devil to go to Hell!) The need was met, and the purchase was made. Now we are moving forward with work on the Righteous Gentiles Heritage Center in this wonderful building, and I urgently need your help again.

Our work to defend Israel and the Jewish people through prayer is so vital right now. I spent last week in Israel as your ambassador to encourage a nation in crisis. I ask that you join me in prayer for the peace of Jerusalem, and I ask that you stand with us financially right now. We will be caring for the poor of Israel, especially the elderly Holocaust survivors, all through the Passover week from your home in the Holy City, the Jerusalem World Center, and we must continue this great prayer movement on behalf of Israel and the Jewish people.
This week Jewish people around the world are celebrating Passover. This is a holy and sacred time of year. The week-long Feast of Unleavened Bread is a celebration of God’s deliverance and protection for His people, but for the poor and hungry, especially for the elderly Holocaust survivors, it is anything but a happy time.

Today I’m asking you to help us provide food for the entire week of Passover for these precious people. I have been in Jerusalem to represent you as we share the message of hope and Christian love with them. Your gift today will provide meals for the hungry—meeting one of their most urgent needs. We will continue to distribute food and help throughout this festive week. Please send your gift today to bless the Holocaust survivors of Jerusalem and the poor of the house of Israel.
With your gift of $40 or more, we will send you this beautiful set of coasters. Made especially for members of the Jerusalem Prayer Team, these blue and white coasters show the Star of David and the word “peace.” Every time you use them, you will be reminded to pray for the peace of Jerusalem.       

Dr. Evans being presented the photo of Auschwitz by an Israeli Air Force General
When you send your gift of $100 or more, we will send you the coasters and a copy of the photo from Auschwitz that I received in Israel last week. This incredible picture will be a constant reminder to you to continue to pray for the peace of Jerusalem and the protection of Israel, as well as a great way to share the need for our prayers with everyone who sees it. I treasure this picture greatly, and I know you will treasure yours as well.       
Your support of the Jerusalem Prayer Team allows us to continue our work on the Christian Zionist Heritage Center, to stand up and speak out for Israel, and to meet urgent humanitarian needs among the poor Jewish people living in Israel. Thank you so much for being part of this vital worldwide prayer movement.

Barukh atah Adonai eloheinu melekh ha-olam, ozier Yisrael bigvurah.
Blessed art thou, Lord our God, King of the universe, who girds Israel with might.
Your ambassador to Jerusalem,
Dr. Mike Evans"

No comments:

Post a Comment